Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Tikki Tikki Tembo.

Yesterday, Maui Academy of Performing Arts (MAPA) came to our preschool to perform a puppet show for our kids. They performed the book Tikki Tikki Tembo Arlene Morsel, and I have to say that they did a really good job at it too! It was super funny! Can you imagine if you had a name as long as Tikki tikkit tembo-no sa rembo-chari bari ruchi- pip peri pembo?!

All the kids watched it...and a lot of them were laughing. In my class some of them were bopping their head to the music, others were just staring wide eyed...but the majority of them were crying. One of my little ones had to sit on my lap and face me the whole time with this scared look on his face! It was so sad...but then again, the puppets did look kind of...scary in a way to a 2 year old. But I thought it was funny. *laughs*

All in all, it thought it was a pretty good performance in-spite of all the scared little ones. Very entertaining for sure!

"We worry about what a child will become tomorrow, yet we forget that he is someone today."-Stacia Tauscher
http://blog.piajanebijkerk.com/WordPress/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/tikki-tikki-tembo1.jpg