Saturday, March 12, 2011

Perfect day.

http://www.jucoolimages.com/images/friendship_quotes/friendship_quotes_05.gif
Early, early this morning we had waffles, bacon, and egg. But the best part was that we had our friends come over to have breakfast together just because. We chopped up fresh strawberries and bananas. We had nutella, syrup, peanut butter [yuck!], applesauce, whip cream, honey, butter as toppings for our pancakes. My sister fried bacon and eggs and there was orange juice and soy/regular milk. I think we should do this more often.

Nevermind, there is a mountain of dishes to be washed now by yours truly. Boo!! But SO worth it!

My friend Adam went to go pick up his friend at the airport because he had a 9 hour layover and so he hung out with us. We decided to go hang out in North Shore, so off we went! First went to the Dole factory. YUMMY! I LOVE Dole whip! That is just one of the best soft serve ice cream ever! No joke! And we talked and hung out before going to see the turtles.

Traffic galore! Super traffic! And when we got to the place where we usually see the turtles, there were none. But there were a few trying to get on land, but the people there were so scaring it! Come on people! Back up!! I know I was once a tourist too, but at least I knew better then to crowd a place to scare off a turtle...> <!

Tracy knew of a "secret" beach that we went to afterwards and that was where we stayed for the majority of our time. We didn't swim in the water because the tsunami waves had brought a lot of debris up and it was floating around...so sad, but we did get to see a a lot of turtles! And I love this "secret" beach because not many people were there! The sand wasn't as soft there...*laughs*! Now that I live here in Hawaii...NO beach can compare and I actually am now pretty picky about my beaches! *laughs*

There was a pregnant monk seal there too! She was HUGE! But she was beautiful...the turtles were plentiful though and they were SO cute when they would pop their head up from the water to look around. So cute! :)

After that we were hungry because since we had a huge breakfast and was stuffed full, we skipped out on lunch. Tracy and Kaleo took us to this really small, mom&pop mexican restaurant called El Palenque and even though it took forever to get our food [we were mad hungry by the time we got our food!] the service was amazing and the food was super good! The price was good too...but I really like that place. I know that if we didn't have Tracy and Kaleo, I would have never known that place existed! *laughs* It was a really cute place though.

Today was perfect. It wasn't too hot and it wasn't too cold. The sun was out. It was a perfect day. Too bad we didn't get to go swimming...but I had a lot of fun today! :)

"May the wings of the butterfly kiss the sun
And find your shoulder to light on,
To bring you luck, happiness and riches
Today, tomorrow and beyond."-Irish Blessing