Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Live life.

I have had a really long day...and as my little darlings were taking their nap, I wrote this out...so that I can write it out when I get home. And I am home...so here it goes.

"Life is so fragile and I am ashamed to say that I never really think just how fragile it really is until I lose someone. One moment someone is there, full of life,  full of breathe, and just there. The next second something happens...a heart attack, a slip down the side of the mountain, a flip of a river-raft, a motorcycle crash...and they're gone. Never again in this life you will hear their laughter, share a drink, be engulfed in their hugs. Never again will you get a random call saying, 'wasup?!', never again will you be able to see their smile or hear a joke from them. Never again. And all your left with is the memories you had with them; the smiles, hugs, laughter and now their lingering words that will echo in your ear throughout the years.

Monday through Friday I have the honor to work and play with little bundles of life. As I sit here watching them take their afternoon nap, the rise and fall of their chests and occasional twitch of their bodies in a dream reassures me that although they are off in 'lala land'  they are still full of life. I don't know the future, but I do hope that each one of these children will be able to grow full, long lives filled with adventure and happiness. I pray that none of them will be robbed by death any time soon. They are so full of life and it would be a tragedy if the world was not able to experience what each child can offer throughout their lifetime.

Weekends, if there is a wedding, I have the honor to help make a new bride's dream wedding come true. It's stressful work, filled with every emotion imaginable, but the end result is a dream come true for two happy people. It is always a joy to me to meet the bride before the binding ceremony; to see the proud, humble groom look at his radiant bride creates a longing in me because there is unconditional love overflowing from his eyes to hers that I have not yet experienced. And my hope for each new couple that I have encountered is that they may have a full life to enjoy each other and make wonderful memories with.

My friend's life was cut short last night. I know he didn't give up. I know that even in his comatose state he did not stop fighting for his life, even in the end, when his body was not able to take it anymore. I knew him to be a very stubborn guy and I know if it were possible, he would have jumped up and bull-headedly  tried to make everything alright again. I wouldn't say I was super close to him, but I will say that I knew him enough to know the world lost a wonderful man. I will miss his bearhug and his huge genuine smile. I will miss watching him walking into church with his bike helmet under his arm. I will miss how he would always try to have the last word and the many stories he told to get me laughing off my ass. Yep, the world lost a very wonderful person and he will live on through our memories."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~xoxoxoxoxox~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Cam, you knew what it was to live life. And although your time was short, your soul touched so many out there. I'm looking forward to the day where I will be squished in one of your famous bearhugs again. I'll miss you lots, but I'll see you in the morning, brah. *hugs*

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~xoxoxoxoxox~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Live as you would have wished to live when you are dying."