Saturday, March 12, 2011

Japan.

My heart goes out to those who were hit by the horrible earthquake that happened in Japan. This week has been an up and down emotional roller coaster...especially when it comes to death and tragedy.

I was reading a book at home, laying on my bed, trying to wind down from a difficult day at work when it hit me that that I wanted water. And I don't know if you're like me, but when I'm doing something, and something enters my mind that I have to do, I can't concentrate until I do that thing [ex: reading a book and I am thirsty, I have to drink or I will have to read a sentence over and over again, and still not get it in my mind!]. Anyways, that was how it was Thursday night. So I go to the kitchen and my older brother tells me that there was just an earthquake a frikin 8.9 on the Richter Scale in Japan and the shock waves or a Tsunami were heading our way!

My reaction was WTF!?! F*&^ING EIGHT.F#*$ING NINE ON THE F *#$ING RICHTER SCALE?!?!? That's effin' big. And I was going on and on how my heart was hurting for those involved when he reminds me, Che! The tsunami waves are coming here.

Oh okay...so I was in the Philippines when the Tsunami hit Thailand that one year. And my two roomies where there [that's where they are from]  and I near about flipped coz sh!t! I get close to my roomies! I love them and I was soo concerned for them. And I have a lot of friends that I made over the years from Japan...so this one hit close to my heart! And now the Tsunami waves were coming MY way. I live about 2-3 minutes away from the beach. My Kailua Beach...wtf.

To make a long story short, I was okay. My family here was okay. We did get hit, but it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. But in some places of Hawaii, it was pretty bad, but Thank you Jesus, it wasn't that bad where I am. I actually fell asleep, and we all joked that my younger brother had to stay watch and keep uptodate with all the warnings and evacuations, coz he was the only one who didn't have to get up early in the morning for work. My older brother told me that I didn't have to go to work if my school floated away, but I said, what if it doesn't?! Then I still have to go to work!!

Well, I did fall asleep...sh!t! I was tired! Playing with 13 toddles all day drains your energy! But I didn't have to worry because at 3.am [when the typhoon was estimated to hit] my friend called me from Texas saying that he was driving to work and he just heard about all of this and he feels bad that he didn't call earlier to see if I was okay, but with the 5-6 hour time difference he was sleeping before it even happened! Oh, and how can I forget all the sirens that went off every hour of the night as if to say...NO, DON'T SLEEP! And when the sirens go off, the dogs answer back...it was a restless night...but good thing coz as I was ready to walk of to work the next day [no, my school did not float away!]...my co-worker who lives just down the street from me stopped by my house and said that school was canceled coz a lot of the kids weren't able to come in coz they weren't as fortunate as us.

But Japan, and all those other countries that were hit by the aftermath, my heart goes out to you, my hope goes out to you, my prayers go out to you.



"Don't be dismayed at goodbyes. A farewell is necessary before you can meet again. And meeting again, after moments or a lifetime, is certain for those who are friends." -Richard Bach