Saturday, March 12, 2011

Hugs.

Hugs do make a difference in a person's life. I was always a "huggy" person and I remember when I was doing missionary work, I couldn't hug people. The place were I worked was really conservative that we weren't allowed to hug people. So for six month, I never hugged someone and I never received a hug. It was not a happy time that I had.

http://media.picfor.me/
There is this little girl in my class, she is very defiant and her background breaks me heart. She is my little challenge and sometimes I just want to be done with her, but whenever I feel like that, I give her hug. She thrives with hugs. The other teacher in the classroom has said that she notices a difference with her since I've been doing that.

I hate playing favorites so I try my absolute best not too, and I'm getting worried that I'm giving her a lot of attention, and it makes me sad coz I can't do that. But I wish I can tell her guardian to hug her, just hug her. It does make a difference and even though she is a very defiant, stubborn person, I know that she just needs more love in her life.

So hugs do make a difference, don't let anybody tell you otherwise.

"If you're angry at a loved one, hug that person. And mean it. You may not want to hug-which is all the more reason to do so. It's hard to stay angry when someone shows they love you, and that's prpecisely what happens when we hug each other." -Walter Anderson, The Confidence Course, 1997.