Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Spontaneous times + Friends = Fun!

So the last two…no three days have been amazing, I didn't even know where to start! Let me try though, because I really don't wanna forget these past few days…it all started on lets see, I guess you can say on Friday…so last Friday on the 19th I had planned a "fun day" with all my friends…the thing is, it's sem-break, but I had told them all ahead of time…it was suppose to be something me and another of my friends planned. The thing is…when the day came…my friend's flaked out, and then the friend that I had planned this day with backed out and said that we should "plan it for another day." But I'm already sick and tired of planning things and then the people bail out…so I don't think that I'll be doing that any longer. So I was in a pissy mood…and I was like, I don't care what anyone says, I'm going to Manila on Monday, and meeting up with my friend. Plus, I know that a lot of you at home don't know my situation here but I was 99% chance of going home…but hey that 1% chance of stayed keep me from leaving this place…and in all honestly, I think that I'm glad that I'm staying, yeah, I miss everything at home…but I feel as if I'm already been gone for so long I'm juss a memory in everyone's mind—which yeah, hurts…but it's life, you know…absence makes the heart wander and all that shit…(Oh, but I gotta say…EXCEPT FOR YOU JOE! BECAUSE I KNOW THAT YOU KEEP IN TOUCH! THANKS!) And I prolly got more going for me here than at home anyways. But yeah, don't get me wrong, I miss home more than anything…

Anyways, since I was suppose to go home, I needed to go to Manila to the Immigration so that I can update my I-card…for those of you who don't know what an I-card…and if you really wanna knows…it's my alien identification card that allows me to stay here. And every 6 months I need to update it…I hadn't updated it, and to leave this country, I need to update it…so I had to go to Manila to update it…and since everyone was busy and stuff, I was gonna go myself.

I hadn't traveled ANYWHERE by myself yet. Well, that doesn't count when I have friends who put me on the bus going straight to school from Manila or something…that I have done…but this time I was going somewhere by myself and I had no idea how to get there…but I didn't care, because I was sick and tired of people bailing out on me, that I need to learn how to do things myself anyways…and this friend I was meeting in Manila…her boyfriend had come from London, and so I was gonna meet him and hang out with the two for two days and stuff…I figured that I wasn't doing anything staying in AUP, so I wanted to get out.

So yeah, Monday morning I leave and I take the bus to Lawton—which is in Manila, close to Intromuro's –which is where the Bureau of Immigration is—which is where I'm suppose to get my I-card (and Eddie's) renewed—which is where I'm suppose to meet my friend…But when I get on the bus going to Manila, my friend texts me and asks me to meet her at her condo! And I'm like…are you kidding me! Okay, I was there a week before, because me and my other friend went there with her so that we can get the place ready for when her boyfriend came, the thing is…it's a really REALLY nice condo and all, but it took forever and a day to find! And another friend had driven us there! So how the hell was I suppose to get there with public transportation…and I didn't even know to get to where I needed to get for my I-card…

Anyways, I knew what I needed to ride on though to get to the Immigration because Eddie gave me specific directions…including to call him or Jyn or Joy if ANYTHING happened…but then going to my friend's condo was a different story…but to make a super long story short…I had so much help…the people on the bus were so helpful, even getting me a taxi and explaining where I wanted to go, and that he better make sure that I get where I wanted to go…and to keep me safe, and so the taxi driver was really intent in making sure that I was comfortable…was he driving to fast? Was I too cold? Too warm? Did I want to put my chair down? Back? What radio station did I want to listen too…all this and that…so very sweet! After an hour or so, we finally got to where I needed to be…I was gonna go straight to the condo, but my friend texted me saying that they would juss meet me at the gas station in the corner of Mercedes Avenue…so yeah, the taxi driver stayed with me until they showed up and then since my total to pay him came up too around P230…he told me to juss pay him P130…but I was like, No…because he was really nice and all that stuff…so I ended up giving him p250, even though he wanted to give me change…he was very nice…

So I met my friend's boyfriend, and he's very cute—more like HOT! But yeah, he's very easy to get along, he claims that he is shy, I don't see it…he also told me that my friend was shyer than him…I REALLY don't see that one! *laughs* oh well…we went back to the condo after going to the money changer because the guy needed to exchange money. Then we went out to immigration, where I gave my I-card (and Eddie's) to someone to hook us up (yeah, I got connections here! *laughs*) and we were suppose to go back the next day to pick it up…then we went to go ride a horse carriage, that was weird, since the guy only spoke Tagalog, and I was the only one who understood, and my friend's didn't really understand! But it was all good…it was cool being with them because I have the American accent…them two have the Brittish Accent…SEXY! *laughs*

Anyways, we really didn't know what to do after that, so we ended up going to Star City…which is this kiddie theme park, with a few "grown-up" rides and such…and that was when I had so much fun that I didn't think that I could stop laughing. My friend (the girl) didn't like roller coaster rides all that much, but her guy did, so we went on them…but we got my friend to go on one…in exchange I had to go through a haunted house…and that was NOT a good experience! (You should ask my brother what happened the last time I went to the haunted house here in Star City…*laughs* embarrassing! But it was 114% worst this time around because…I didn't have my brother this time! *laughs) But we had a lot of fun. I think the most fun that I had was going to "Snow World" it was anything BUT snow…it was more like ice-blocks everywhere and stuff…but they had these two huge ice slides and we would all go on them together, and it was so much fun. It was so kiddie that we had so much fun. It was really cold though because can you imagine it being like 100 degrees' and then you enter this room that had at least 20 air-con's going…and ice blocks and towers all over the place…there was ice-sculptures…it was amazing fun. My friend took pictures on his camera and video's I will get them from him and post them up so that you can see what I mean. It was so much fun…it brought me back home…because I remember complaining all those times where it was so cold that you can see your breath in front of you! It was funny…because there were people there who were experiencing that for the first time…seeing your breath in the air! I mean, I didn't think I was taking that for granted when I was at home! Because you know that when it's cold, it juss happens! *laughs* and how your nose gets all cold and drippy feeling…and you're actually shivering because it's that cold! And your fingers are frozen…juss feeling cold…a lot of the people that were in that room where experiencing that FOR THE FIRST TIME! And it made me realize…that they really don't know how it is! I mean, it wasn't even REAL snow, it was juss ice-blocks in a air-coned room…and it made me laugh because I didn't think for the life of me that I would actually miss it! Because since it was an everyday occurrence at home (well during Winter time that is!)…I never really thought about it…but you come to a country that NEVER has experienced it, and they had to make up a room that allows them experience a fake reality of what we go through at home…then that's when you realize that, "WOW…this is actually fun!" And while they are still trying to get used to the coldness…everything back at home comes rushing back, and I'm here laughing with my friends…because we're used to it! But it's awesome watching someone experience it for the first time…because it's something different to them.

I know that not many of you know what I have been going through since July…but lets juss say that I haven't been smiling or laughing or anything all that much because there has been a lot of tension and complications in my life…(very bad time in my life) but that time in the Snow World place, even though I have gone to the snow so many times at home, it was different, because it was what I needed to give me that push that I really needed. I'm swear, me and my friend and her guy laughed so much and had so much fun that it will definitely be a top highlight in my life.

I learned that you should be spontaneous in life. You never know what is going to happen. I mean, be spontaneous within reason and stuff though! But it's good to be spontaneous…because it open's doors to new things and you never know, you might have the most funnest time in your life…well, maybe not the most funnest time, but maybe it might be something that be something that you needed and stuff, ya? Life is short, and so you shouldn't juss spend it doing things that you always do, break out and do something that you wouldn't normally do, and then you might juss find out that you actually like doing whatever it was that you did.

When I'm home, I don't normally like going to the snow…it's COLD…and I like the hotness and stuff…but going to the fake snow here…it felt like home…if felt like actually wintertime…and according to my friends…it's cold like that in London all the time…and so they felt like that they were at home too…the cold weather and all…it was a comfort because it really did feel cold like at home…they gave us these sorta puff jackets to wear when we went in the rooms…and I haven't worn a thick-like jacket like that in such a long time…and you know, it was really comforting to feel like I was at home again. And even though my friends were from London, it was like I was with home friends…they acted as if all my friends at home acted like. Yeah, they are a couple, and I was technically the "third wheel" but they so didn't make me feel like that…I really felt like I was at home with them…and that's what I really needed because I miss home a lot and I'm not going home for a very long time…

So, I juss wanted to take this time to thank God for friends and small comforts that I find here far away from home that make me feel like I'm home again for juss a moment…

[Transferred from my myspace blog]