Sunday, September 25, 2005

Five Random Quotes

1.  The face can speak of a thousand emotions, but it can easily mask what the heart truly feels. Don't be fooled, for the "happiest face may be masking the most hurting heart."
So, I have learned that this can be true…speaking both from experience and from what I have observed. I guess this is one of the many reasons why I try my best not to judge anyone that I come across because I really don't know what they are trying to hide; I don't know their story. All I try my best to do is to except people for who they are without any judgment, so that people can know that I care, even if I may not know you, I care and so if ever someone needs to talk, I'm there. I know I talk a lot…*laughs* but I can listen as well.

2.  Always remember that the longer you stay with the things you don't really enjoy equates to every moment you lose with what could be a happy life…
Oh goodness, so I have learned this over and over and over again…for some reason, I seem to forget this lesson! *laughs* I mean, it's so true, why stick with something that you know will make you unhappy, if you know that without you can be so much more happier. Okay, so happiness is a choice…but what is also a choice are the things that you can choose that you enjoy. When I was a nursing student, oh I was happy, but I knew that I wasn't happy with being a nursing student. I did try I really, really did try to be happy and accept myself as a nurse, but I couldn't and now that I'm not a nursing student, I'm so much more happier. If I had listened to my gut instinct sooner, I wouldn't have had to go through the grief of being a nursing student (not that there is anything wrong with being a nursing student, it was just NOT for me.)

3.  If you don't know where you're going how do you expect to get there?
I like this one, because yeah…if you want to go somewhere, but you don't know where to go, how will you ever get there. Okay, so I know that there are times where I get so upset that I just want to start running and never stop running until I'm so tired that I can't be upset any longer…and where would I jog…well, anywhere that I can juss as long as I can get "there". *laughs*…but in life, I know that I want to succeed…but when I think about it, there are so many things that I want to succeed in, so I should have short goals to get where I want to be. I want to own a childcare facility. And I know how I'm going to go about to achieve that life dream….I have to know what I want to know how to get there, right?

4.  The chief danger in life is that you may take too many precautions.
Oh how true is this!!! So life is all about risks…even choosing NOT to take a risk is a risk because no matter what you decide to do, that is the path you have decided to take in life. If you don't take any risks in life, what will you be able to say in the end? That you did nothing because you were to scared to try. And who knows, the thing that you were to scared to go for, prolly could have worked out for you….and if you never try, then you will never know. Yeah, I do believe there are situations where it might be TOO risky and dangerous to yourself…but there are simple things in life that are to life-threatening….like smiling and saying hi to someone you walk past…what's the worst that can happen?! That person can pull out a gun and shoot you for talking to them!...(oh goodness, lets hope that doesn't happen!) But think of the many good that it can do…you brighten up a persons day…and so forth…you know?

5.  Wisdom begins in wonder.
This is one of the reasons why I love children…they are ALWAYS wondering about things…they are always curious, and they are always learning new things. They still see things with new eyes…the things that we as adults see as "whatever"…a child sees it as an amazing thing…cloud shapes, a butterfly, an earthworm, the coldness of the ocean, running for the fun of it, taking a bath…I think as long as you are wondering and curious about something or how something works or about anything and you take that initiative to solve it, to find out more about it, to learn…you will always be moving forward in life. Or something like that. *laughs*